The Bill & Suzanne Lowe Foundation will award two (2) $5,500.00 Trade/Vocational Scholarships each year. Each scholarship will be for two (2) consecutive years for a total eligible award of $11,000 each. These scholarships will be chosen by the Foundation Selection Committee.
Applicants that have been granted a Pell Grant for an amount equal to 50% or less of qualified tuition and fees may apply for a scholarship. The applicant shall qualify for a partial scholarship equal to the difference between the Pell Grant amount and the maximum scholarship level granted ($5,500).
Each applicant must:
• Be a graduating high school senior or have graduated within the last two years prior to application submission.
• Be a resident of either Davidson or Guilford County North Carolina and must be a U.S. citizen.
• Have at least a 2.0 (“C”) grade point average (GPA) or have graduated with at least a 2.0 (“C”) grade point average.
• Demonstrate verifiable financial need including FAFSA/SAR (student aid report) and student or parent tax documents. Household income cannot exceed $75,000 to qualify.
• Maintain a minimum of a 2.5 GPA while enrolled
• Applicant must be accepted by an accredited Trade or Vocational School.
• Payment of grant shall be paid directly to an approved Technical or Vocational school, in the name of the recipient, upon submission of verified proof of enrollment.
• Scholarships are available for programs that lead to an approved, Certificate of Completion toward gainful employment or licensing.
• Scholarship may be deferred for military service.
• Scholarship will be awarded without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, or disability.
The selection criteria are based on the following (but not weighted in the order listed).
1. Educational achievement
3. Involvement in after-school activities, which includes employment after school hours
4. Career goals
5. Strength of Recommendations
6. In person interview
Scholarships are in the amount of $5,500.00 for Two (2) consecutive years for a total eligible award of $11,000 each as long as student is enrolled and participating in the same program. Termination of student’s enrollment will result in cancelation of the award and any remaining funds will not be disbursed. Winners will be posted on the Foundation website. Applicants agree that the Foundation may use their name and likeness on it’s website as award recipients.